- Signing Up online, recruiting a team and raising money
- Organising events i.e. Mo Parties
- Making a donation to a Mo Bro
- Supporting and showing love for the Mo
- Purchasing Movember merchandise
The Movember Foundation is the global charity that advocates for men, raising funds and awareness for men’s health. We want to help men live happier, healthier, longer lives through investing in three key areas: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.
Since 2003, we’ve empowered millions of men and women to join the global men’s health movement. Through the moustaches grown, the connections created, and the conversations generated, we’ve raised over $710 million and helped fund 1,200 breakthrough men’s health programs in 21 countries.
But there is still much work to be done. When it comes to their health, too many men don’t talk, don’t take action, and die too young.
Every Movember, we challenge men to Grow and women to support a moustache or make a commitment to get active and Move for 30 days. Men and women sign up at Movember.com and choose to Grow, Move or Host.
Men start Movember 1st clean-shaven and Grow only a moustache for the month. Men and women can commit to Move every day during Movember, or Host a Movember event. After signing up, get friends, family, or colleagues to donate to your efforts and change the face of men’s health.
Sign up at Movember.com and choose whether to Grow, Move, Host an event or do all three.
While growing a moustache is left to the guys, Mo Sistas (women who love the Mo and want to support the efforts of the Mo Bros in their lives) do a lot of important work for Movember.
Mo Sistas can:
- Sign up at Movember.com, recruit a team and raise money
- Commit to Move and complete 30 days of physical activity
- Organize events such as Mo Parties
- Get friends and family to donate to change the face of men’s health
- Make a donation to a Mo Bro or fellow Mo Sista
- Purchase Movember merchandise and promo materials
- Encourage men to be proactive about their health
- Support and show love for the moustache
You can choose to host your own Movember event at your workplace, local pub or university. Promo materials are available for purchase through the Mo Gear section on our website to ensure your party is a success.
For more information about how to get involved click here.
Funds raised through the Movember US campaign go towards supporting innovative world-class men’s health programs supporting our key issues – prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
- Prostate cancer – We invest in research and health services that will result in new tests and treatments to better diagnose the disease and stop its progression.
- Testicular cancer – We invest in research that will result in a better understanding of the disease and why some men relapse and others do not.
- Mental health and suicide prevention – We invest in programs to help men and boys stay mentally healthy. In the US, we invest in health services that will focus on community-level prevention programs to improve mental health.
These programs are funded either directly by the Movember Foundation or through our men’s health partners.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world's leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research.
- Prevention Institute is a national non-profit dedicated to improving community health and well-being by building momentum for effective primary prevention.
All funds distributed to our men's health partners are restricted to use in Movember Foundation approved programs only. This means that no funds are used to cover any of our partners' fundraising and promotional costs – 100% goes directly to delivering health initiatives.
For more detail on where the funds go click here.
The Movember Foundation (Tax ID: 77-0714052) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- There is to be no joining of the Mo to side burns – That’s a beard
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars – That’s a goatee
- A small complimentary growth under the bottom lip is allowed (aka a tickler)
- No fake moustaches, only a real man growing a real moustache
The app will be available from the App Store and Google Play Store from mid-October - stay tuned!
I haven’t signed up; can I do it from the app?
Yes. You can sign up with your email or Facebook credentials via the mobile app.
I’m out & about, talking about Movember, how do I recruit people to my team?
We're thrilled you are having real conversations about real men's health issues. Use the "Recruit" tab in your app, and a menu will appear allowing you to recruit people to Movember and/or to your team (if you're a team captain) via social media and email. If you’re on a team, you’ll see a “Recruit” tab in the app’s main menu – open this screen to see your team’s Mo Space URL and share it via social media and email.
I had last year’s app but I’m not seeing any of this functionality?
Past apps are entirely different applications from the 2016 app. Delete last year’s app and download the 2016 app (*available mid-October).You will need to update your app to the 2017 version (available mid-October) to see the latest functionality.
Can I use this app on my iPad or iTouch?
Yes, although the app is not designed for resolutions greater than an iPhone.
Can I make donations directly on my phone?
Yes. Mo Bros and Mo Sistas will be able to make donations directly on their phone. Andriod users can make donations from within the app. iPhone/iPad users will be taken from the Movember app to Movember’s website in Safari to make a donation (this is an Apple requirement).
Please do not use the registered trade mark “MOVEMBER” or any of the downloads or images available on this website to make merchandise for sale.
When we have available agents, LiveChat will be open to our community if you’re looking for a quick response to any questions you might have.
P.O. Box 1595
Culver City, CA