The Movember Foundation is the global charity that advocates for men, raising funds and awareness for men’s health. We want to help men live happier, healthier, longer lives through investing in four key areas: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health, and physical activity.
Since 2003, we’ve empowered millions of men and women to join the global men’s health movement. Through the moustaches grown, the connections created, and the conversations generated, we’ve raised over $650 million and helped fund 1,000 breakthrough men’s health programs in 21 countries.
But there is still much work to be done. When it comes to their health, too many men don’t talk, don’t take action, and die too young.
Every Movember, we challenge men to grow and women to support a moustache or make a commitment to get active and MOVE for 30 days. Men and women sign up at Movember.com and choose to Grow, Give, or MOVE.
Men start Movember 1st clean-shaven and grow only a moustache for the month. Men and women can commit to MOVE every day during Movember. After signing up, get friends, family, or colleagues to donate to your efforts and change the face of men’s health.
- Click on sign up and choose to grow, MOVE or do both. At this time, you can join a team or you can elect to start your own team.
- You will then be taken to the login area, where you can set up your Mo Space fundraising page, download information and invite friends to sign up and donate.
Sign up at Movember.com and choose whether to grow, MOVE or do both.
While growing a moustache is left to the guys, Mo Sistas (women who love the Mo and want to support the efforts of the Mo Bros in their lives) do a lot of important work for Movember.
Mo Sistas can:
- Sign up at Movember.com, recruit a team and raise money
- Commit to MOVE and complete 30 days of physical activity
- Organize events such as Mo Parties
- Get friends and family to donate to change the face of men’s health
- Make a donation to a Mo Bro or fellow Mo Sista
- Purchase Movember merchandise and promo materials
- Encourage men to be proactive about their health
- Support and show love for the moustache
You can choose to host your own Movember event at your workplace, local pub or university. Promo materials are available for purchase through the Mo Gear section on our website to ensure your party is a success.
For more information about how to get involved click here.
Funds raised through the Movember US campaign go towards supporting innovative world-class men’s health programs supporting our key issues – prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
- Prostate cancer – We invest in research and health services that will result in new tests and treatments to better diagnose the disease and stop its progression.
- Testicular cancer – We invest in research that will result in a better understanding of the disease and why some men relapse and others do not.
- Poor mental health – We invest in programs to help men and boys stay mentally healthy. In the US, we invest in health services that will focus on community-level prevention programs to improve mental health.
- Physical inactivity – We are investing in projects that encourage men to be more physically active.
These programs are funded either directly by the Movember Foundation or through our men’s health partners.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world's leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research.
- Prevention Institute is a national non-profit dedicated to improving community health and well-being by building momentum for effective primary prevention.
All funds distributed to our men's health partners are restricted to use in Movember Foundation approved programs only. This means that no funds are used to cover any of our partners' fundraising and promotional costs – 100% goes directly to delivering health initiatives.
For more detail on where the funds go click here.
The Movember Foundation (Tax ID: 77-0714052) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.