Each year, in increasing numbers, communities across America are embracing the moustache and getting on board with Movember. The levels and types of support vary from one community to the next, but the combined impact of these grassroots efforts play a vital role in helping Movember achieve its awareness and fundraising goals.
By effectively becoming walking, talking billboards for men’s health, Mo Bros along with the support of Mo Sistas, have spread positive health messages far and wide, with over 855,000 people participating globally in 2011. It is this passionate, grassroots approach that enables Movember to make a real, tangible impact on the state of men’s health.
Movember moustaches encourage conversations about men’s health. Movember aims to work with our community to build a strong Movember Network of restaurants, barbers, hospitals, sports leagues, pubs and schools. Drop us a line at email@example.com
if you’d like to create or join the local movement in your area.
JOIN YOUR CITY NETWORK
While local Mo communities can be created in any city, below are a few that are already underway, with links to that city’s Movember Network page. Have your team join to show strength in solidarity!
Don’t see your city on the list above? You can create your own local movement, just give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we’ll set up a network for your city.
HOW CAN YOU HELP BUILD A MOVEMENT?
Do you play in a community basketball league? Do you have a favorite restaurant or pub where you frequently meet with friends and family? Or how about that barber you’ve been seeing for years?
All of these places are great Mo-ing grounds for Movember! Sit down with the director of the sports league, the general manager of the restaurant, or your favorite barber, and explain to them why you will be sporting a moustache come this Movember, then ask them to get involved! Getting involved is as simple as registering a team at Movember.com and getting others to grow, then putting up posters around the establishment to help spread the word. After all, people are going to be wondering why all the waiters at their favorite restaurant will have incredible moustaches!
SOME IDEAS TO HELP GET YOU STARTED
- Sports Leagues: When everyone gets together for a league meeting, propose the idea of getting a Movember tournament setup where every team that is growing moustaches can get together for some healthy competition.
- Restaurants & Pubs: For starters, register as a team and get all your staff to participate with the Mo Bros growing Mo’s and the Mo Sistas sporting Movember pins or tees during their shift. Put up posters and or create table tents to help spread awareness and let your patrons know that you are participating in a worthwhile cause.
- Registration Events: Movember started in Australia in 2003 with 30 guys who gathered together, pledging to grow a moustache for the 30 days of November. These small gatherings in the community are a great way to kick off the month, get people registered and prepared for the hairy ride that lies ahead!
- Shavedowns: Movember 1st is the day to start clean-shaven in order to grow that Mo, so hosting shavedown at a local barbershop is a great way to get the month started off right.
- Host a Mo Party: Register a Mo Party and we will ship out a free Movember Party Kit for you and all your Mo Folks!
To help offices on their hairy journey, you can use the follow tools:
• Movember in the Community Presentation
• Movember in Your Restaurant Presentation
• Movember & The Mo Sista Presentation
• MovemberTV YouTube Channel
• Order Free Health Posters
• Order Free Poster Packs
• Order Free Party Packs
• Movember Mobile App
If you would like further information on how to get involved with Movember, please contact the team on email@example.com
or on (310) 450 3399