About Movember

Financials

2013 FINANCIAL SUMMARY
The Movember Foundation continues to receive donations for several months following the end of the campaign. To date, $123.1 million has been raised globally as a result of the Movember 2013 campaign. The funds were raised by 969,176 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas in over 21 countries around the world.
 
At the end of the Movember Foundation’s fiscal year (April 30), our financials are independently audited. The below information will be updated with 2013 figures by August of this year. In the meantime, if you'd like further information on how past funds are being spent, please take a look at our program Report Cards, which provide a clear overview of the programs being funded by the Foundation itself and our men's health partners.


2012 FINANCIAL SUMMARY USA
The US Movember campaign raised $21.0 million in 2012. The Movember US financials are audited each year by HBLA. The chart below shows how these funds are applied:



83.1% Allocated to Men's Health Programs
Of the funds raised in the US, 83.1% has been committed to programs combating prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
The Movember team is proud of the high percentage of funds committed to programs, which is above international best practice of 80% of funds raised invested in programs.

8.7% Fundraising Cost and 2.2% Administration Costs totaling 10.9%
A number of fundraising and administrative tasks are necessary to run an organization and campaign the size of Movember.
The Movember team is proud of its low fundraising and administration costs, which in the US was 10.9% of the funds raised. This is well below international best practice, which is in the range of 15% - 20%.

Costs that are grouped under fundraising and administration include:
  • Salaries for staff involved in management, technology, fundraising and administrative tasks
  • Credit card processing fees
  • Systems development and technology to run Movember.com, the mobile applications and to process registrations and donations securely
  • Telecommunications and computer equipment
  • Office rent and general office maintenance costs
  • Legal costs
  • Insurance
  • Bank fees
 
6.0% Retained Funds
As a fiscally conservative organization Movember retains a small percentage of funds to cover future campaigns and to ensure the long-term continuity of the organization.  The retained funds are being progressively built up over multiple campaigns, and once the Board of Directors are satisfied they are at a sufficient level, no further funds will be retained.



PROGRAM INVESTMENT
The chart below shows how the 83.1% of funds allocated to programs are applied:



The funds allocated to programs are run directly by the Movember Foundation, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Together, these channels work to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programs in line with our strategic goals. These programs are focused on:

  • awareness and education
  • living with and beyond cancer
  • research
For a complete report on every project we have funded and the impact Movember is having please visit the Funded Programs section.


NOTE: All funds donated to our Men's Health Partners are restricted and are only used for Movember approved programs. This means that no Movember funds are used to cover any part of our Partner's fundraising or promotional costs with 100% of the funds going to program delivery.